Thursday, July 25, 2024

Time For A Reset! Keto Effects Journal Day 1

It's been a busy couple of months! I've enjoyed more carbs than I should have but I am ok with it! I've enjoyed my summer thus far.

I weighed in at 194.6. A bit high but I just came back from 2 weeks at my camp. I'm confident I'll drop a big chunk of that in no time. 

I've maintained for 2 years now for the most part. Now it's time to actually see how my low carb diet is benefiting me outside of weight loss!

I've spent all my life trying to lose this weight and now that I found a diet I can maintain it's time to focus on healthy habits and the benefits of choosing healthy eating! 

Memory issues and Alzheimer's/Dementia run in my family. I switch my words a lot. When I eat more carbs, it seems worse. My joints seem to ache more and my mood isn't as good. I'm also going through premenopause. One symptom I have had with premenopause is high sex drive off and on. But I'm not sure how much the sex drive is premenopause or some of the effects of the keto diet or a combination of both. Including my better mood! Believe me it's a good thing and I'm hoping the keto diet has played a roll with my better mood and higher sex drive. It's seems to slump when I eat more carbs.

So I want to keep a daily journal of how I'm feeling to get a better idea of how the diet is effecting me in positive ways. I think once I can clearly track how beneficial this diet is to my health outside of weight loss I will be more encouraged to stick to it and not allow myself really heavy carb days. Everything in moderation right! 

When I eat a lot of carbs it seems to cause these negative symptoms but I've never documented it to be sure. This time I am going to write a daily journal so I can track how I feel on good and bad days. I have to do this even when I fall off the wagon. It's the only way to know for sure the positive effects the diet is having on my body.

Yesterday I had a ton of carbs to get it out of my system. One thing I do know is my cravings for carbs gets worse the more I eat them. I also ate something that didn't agree with me and I was up at 1:30 am with bad stomach cramps. I feel better today! I don't think it was any of the carbs I ate but some cream cheese that wasn't quite right.

My goal for the first 2 to 4 weeks is to be under 50 grams a day. I want to see if I can notice much difference between 20 and 50 carbs. So I'm starting with 50. 

Today I had 68 carbs and 1588 calories. Coming off carbs can take a few days to hit my goal but I'll get there. Tomorrow I'll work harder to stay under but I don't think today was bad for my first day of getting back to focusing on the real reason I chose the Keto diet, the many health benefits! 

No comments:

Post a Comment