Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Met With Our Personal Trainer!

03/10/20 - I had an awesome meeting with our personal trainer today! We had 2 hours combined with her today for my husband and I. We talked for 2.5 hours!! We didn't get on any equipment BUT she taught us a lot. We covered a lot of information and will be going into this with lots of great advice and help.

She set out a plan for both of us and explained how to listen to our bodies so we don't over do it, how we should focus on our goals of getting stronger and flexible and not focus on the scale to measure our success. I really like her approach to exercise. Next Tuesday we will meet with her to actually start strength training on the machines! I'm super excited and feel less overwhelmed in knowing this doesn't have to be hard. I also learned that I don't have to do a ridiculous amount of work to see results!

I'm really glad we took the time to chat for our first meeting. I think a good trainer really takes the time to listen and learn about their client and make sure to tailor the workout to fit who they are and what their goals are. And I really appreciated the fact that she took time to do that and explained a lot to us about exercise in general and weight training. She also cleared up a lot of misconceptions.

Even though we didn't do any exercise with the trainer today. I had a great day at the gym afterwards! 30 minutes of cardio and 30 minutes of swimming! I got 12,000 steps in today! I'll call that a win!



No comments:

Post a Comment