Sunday, August 29, 2021

Day 294 Making Some Changes & Trying Something New!

Yesterday I had a good "off" day! I'm more then half way though my new carb book and I think I'm going to give their recommendations a try! It focuses on a low carb diet and why this is beneficial! A lot of what is said makes a lot of sense, to me anyway.

I had my off day yesterday and managed to stay under 50 grams of carbs for the day. This was my test to see if I could lower my carbs pretty easily! And I was successful!

Now that I've done that, it has given me some confidence that I could pull the very low carb diet off! According to the book I need to start with phase 1, because of my BMI being pretty high at 40. This means I have to stay under 20 grams of carbs per day. I will do this until I hit my next goal of 219 then go from there.

Intermittent Fasting - I discovered a way of fasting that suits me very well that I'm going to try. I tried fasting in the past. The 5:2 diet to be exact. You had 2 fast days (no food) then ate the other 5 days of the week. I couldn't really sustain that schedule. I did well at losing weight but it was just too difficult for me.

My new plan is the 16:8 plan. On this new intermittent plan you eat during an 8 hour period then fast for 16 hours. So basically, I am allowed to eat during the hours of 11am & 7pm. Which totals 8 hours and works with my schedule best. This is also supposed to help your body kick into ketosis, which is the result of eating low carbs, faster then just starting with a low carb diet. Ketosis is when your body turns to fat rather then carbs for energy. So you burn more fat and in theory lose weight faster.

I'm excited about starting Phase 1 today and am hopeful for some good results! I will keep you posted on my progress!



No comments:

Post a Comment