Tuesday, January 10, 2023

Happy New Year! New Year, New Goals!

 I thought it was about time I check in! I haven't really done so since November 1st. Shared a couple of recipes, but that seemed to be all the time I had to give to my blog. I did well over the holidays. Between Christmas & New Year's I gained 15 pounds! But I got down to 171.8 on December 22nd! My lowest weight was 172 so I beat my lowest weight right before Christmas! I was in the 185 range after Christmas, managed to go back down to 177.5 but I popped back up to 187 by 1/4/22. 

It's been a little bit of a struggle to get back on track, but it always takes me a few days to get back on the train full steam ahead. I am currently at 179, so I am hopeful to be back to my lowest weight within the next week or two. Then my goal is to lose more weight beyond my lowest weight of 172. My ultimate goal is 145. 

We had a great holiday. I decided not to track anything I ate and enjoyed some of my favorite snacks. Lot's of carbs. This is why I gained 15 pounds! LOL! But I kept and eye on things and knew that I would have to get back on track right after New Year's to avoid a detrimental weight gain that would get out of control! 

During my time away from the blog I did earn my second degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do. Actually, my son, who is 12, and I both earned our second degree black belts. My daughter who is 16, earned hers this past June. So that was pretty exciting. My November and December pretty much flew by between all the travel, getting ready for black belt testing and the holidays!

Dealt with a power outage that lasted at home for about 36 hours starting on 12/23/22. Luckily we had plans to spend our Christmas at our camp that is off the grid. So that worked out well. 

All the craziness is behind us for now so it is time to focus on new goals for the new year! My main focus for the next couple of weeks is to drop back down to my lowest weight then focus on actually losing again! I would like to see me down to my ideal weight of 145 pounds by the beginning of summer! 

Today I am feeling good and feeling more focused so I think I got this!! 160's, here I come! 





No comments:

Post a Comment